I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Wednesday, December 26, 2012

6mm Star Wars "Battle of Hoth"

Here's some pics of my 6mm Battle of Hoth miniatures. I use a home-brew set of rules, but also use the WEG (West End Games) edition of 'Battle of Hoth".

The AT-AT's are Ertyl Models. Each model also comes with 2 snowspeeders and a Rebel Golan Turret.  The Shield Generator in the lower right is custom made. The Snowspeeders have a hole drilled through them to slide up and down on the wire, mounted to a metal washer and nut. A small piece of foam below the speeder keeps it at the desired height.

The Rebel Hoth troopers are modified 6mm Epic Eldar, with their cone-shaped heads re-sculpted (a nip and tuck here and there) to resemble the Rebel Hoth 'Kepi'.   

The Imperial Snowtroopers are also modified 6mm Epic Eldar.  Again, with the heads re-shaped to resemble Imperial troops.

I needed a 'downed' rebel pilot or a few, so I converted some more epic.  

In addition to the snowspeeder models that came with the walkers, I also have the Micromachine Snowspeeders which are identical in size.
 
For additional Rebel and Imperial troops, you can also find them in the Rebel Transport/Echo Base model from Ertyl. It also comes with a model of the Rebel Transport and a Millenium Falcon. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment