I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Thursday, October 25, 2012

More Barricades & Barrels...

I promised more pics of some of the barricades, so here they are.

Here you can see the pretty simple construction for the wooded barricade.  These were painted blue and then a 'Police Line' sign was added.  

These are simple concrete barricades cut from 1/4" mdf board. They've been glued to a tongue depressor base and spray painted grey with some tan highlights. then I added some 'twisted-wire' on top of the wire to represent barbed wire.  

Here's how all the pieces go together to create a fortified checkpoint or redoubt.  

The front of the 'Road Closed' sign.  The bottom feet are 1/8"x1/8" bass wood.  The vertical dowels are 1/8" diam. The horizontal slats are 1/4" x 1/8" bass wood.
 
Here's the back of the sign to show the limited amount of structure is required.   

This is the orange and white striped warning material.  I cut it into 1/4" strips and glued it to the horizontal 'Road Closed' sign slats.

No comments:

Post a Comment