I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Sunday, February 12, 2012

New McDonald's Toys For Star Wars & Sci-Fi Terrain Pieces

McDonald's just issued a new toy that is out now and for the next few weeks (along with some other similiar toys) to coincide with the release of Star Wars, Episode I, The Phantom Menace in 3D.

The toy is a mechanical spinning top, modelled after one of a pod-racer's two engines.  Here are some uses I'm foreseeing:



1.  Use the 'engine' piece horizontally, as an engine for a kitbashed starfighter or shuttlecraft.  I think you could combine 2 or more of these onto a craft of some type, in anything from 15mm to 28mm.

2.  Use the 'engine' piece vertically, as a generator, moisture vaporator, communication array, or some other piece of SW technology or equipment.  Just mount it on a base, spray it grey, add some details and you're ready to go.

3.  Use the short, 'top' piece with the flat side down as a fusion generator or other piece of technology.  Add a few hoses, cables, and such, and you're ready to recharge or refuel a vehicle in a hanger bay.

I think I may have to go pick some up to add to my Star Wars terrain box because I'm never going to be able to pry them out of my son's hands long enough to 'borrow them'.  I grabbed them just long enough to snap the two pics before he was asking me (demanding) them back before they ended up as terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment